The Cornwall Foundation invites applications from organizations serving residents of Cornwall, Connecticut. The Foundation’s Board of Directors meets four times per year to consider grant applications, generally in February, May, September, and November.
- Proposals are accepted from nonprofits, municipalities, community organizations or civic entities serving residents of Cornwall, Connecticut. Community groups may apply using a nonprofit organization as a fiscal agent.
- Preference is given to organizations that rely primarily on local community support.
- Grants will not be awarded retroactively for funds already spent.
- Grants normally must be used to meet one-time needs, serve as seed money for new programs, or respond to emergencies.
- Each grant recipient must execute a grant agreement before receiving the grant and submit a report on the outcome of the funded program within two months of the expenditure of the grant.
- The Foundation does not make grants to organizations that discriminate against a person or group on the basis of age, race, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, political affiliation, or religious belief.
A complete grant application must be received in the Foundation’s post office or email box on or before the last day of the month preceding the month in which grants will be made. For example, an application must be delivered (not postmarked) on or before January 31st to be considered in the February round of reviews and awards.
To prepare for filing the application, the list of required accompanying documents is as follows:
IRS letter confirming tax-exempt status (501(c) (3) or 509(a)), or letter from fiscal agent
Current list of board members
Most recent independent audit or Form 990, if applicable
Detailed project budget showing income and expenses, including any other companies and foundations being approached to fund this proposal, with dollar amounts indicating which sources are committed, pending, or anticipated
Current organizational operating budget
If possible, please submit applications securely online, using the button below.
If it is not possible to submit an application online, you may complete a fillable PDF application using the button below, then email it to the Cornwall Foundation. Alternatively, you may download and print the application, then e-mail or snail mail the application to the Cornwall Foundation. Additional required documents must be scanned and emailed, or mailed, along with the application.
Please be sure to download, complete, and submit the Certificate of Non-Discrimination (see buttons below) with your application.